Search This Blog

Friday, December 9, 2011

Take off your pants and jacket.

Well, since I'm on the road and bored, here's another bout of opinion.

I am not offended by nudity. Not even a little. I grew up around people who raised me to know and understand the human body at an early age, so for me? Breasts, penises, vaginas, and all those other parts that you just giggled at me listing off are just parts of the human body, no different to me than noses, mouths, fingers, etc. To me, showing one's ass is no different than showing one's head (For some people, this is even more apropo.)

As such, I feel that laws we have for the sake of decency are, by and large, asinine. Public Breastfeeding is STILL a hot topic. Why? Because a woman is exposing a NIPPLE? That is unadulterated bullshit. The only reason there's even an issueis because of conservative values and our OBSESSION with sex. If we treated these body parts as just that, parts of the body, and less as perverted symbols of sex that turn us into powerless dogs driven by our hormones, it wouldn't be such an issue.

Some people don't like the idea of devaluing the mystique and eroticism of our bathing suit areas, though. They appreciate the feeling that taboo gives them, the sexual excitement from a tiny bikini or a speedo just barely covering those 'special parts'. To that I say, can you really not separate your sexuality from your daily life? That sounds like a personal problem to me.

But who am I to urge public nudity? I feel uncomfortable without my SHIRT on.

1 comment:

  1. The first time I ventured out of the good ole USA, I was shocked at how comfortable and blasé everyone was about nudity, sex, and profanity. I mean, now I'm probably even *more* blasé than most, but I'm still shocked at how crazy people are about this.

    The excuse for our phobia toward sex is the US is still very young (as far as countries go), but I feel like that excuse is very weak. It's almost 2012. People need to lighten the hell up, let the Janet Jackson thing go, and stop being ashamed of their bodies.

    ReplyDelete