Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I'm bored at the Dallas Airport. So here's a little story from Australia!

I'm bored at the Dallas Airport. So here's a little story from Australia!

It had been a long flight. I mean, a LONG. LONG FLIGHT. And being in a middle seat, I refrained from... using the facilities as often as possible. Well, you can imagine the first place I went post-exiting the plane.

Now, this is something peculiar I noticed about Melbourne rather quickly, thanks in large to this first incident: The urinals very rarely have dividers. Not that I care, but this became instantly relevant when I walked up to the airport urinal. I started doing my thing, minding my own business, before another gentleman stepped up beside me, voiding his bladder in kind.

Not 10 seconds after parking himself next to me, he was staring at my junk. No, not peeking. Not casually catching a glance. He was looking. Right at. My toolkit.

Now, I don't even care, personally. I'm so unabashed when it comes to nudity; I think women should be allowed to go topless anywhere men are. I just couldn't help, though, but think that his behavior might just be, in a word... inappropriate. He seemed like a nice enough guy, a little pale, but not a creep by any means. Here he was, however, studying me like my package would be on the final exam.

I didn't fuss or say anything, as I had no intention of prolonging this magical moment. I zipped, washed, and went on my way. I can only wonder, though... did I leave an impact? I hope I did.

Ah, Australia, first impressions can be so quirky.

2 comments:

  1. ^ Same.

    I try to not use public restrooms in Melbourne especially at the Train Stations they are just disgusting and lots of drunks and weirdos seem to just hang around in them. The Victorian government needs to crack down on cleaning and designs.

    Come back to Australia and have a roadtrip around the country checking out local towns and their restrooms

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel more sorry for you having used the sink to wash you hands there. -shudders-

    ReplyDelete